I'M A UX/UI Design Manager.
I lead the Product UX team, overseeing research, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and both UX and UI design. As a detail-oriented team player, I excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously with high accuracy. My positive attitude and willingness to take on additional responsibilities contribute to meeting corporate goals.
I have a Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, Business Administration, and Management from the National University, cementing my leadership and managerial capabilities and affording teams I manage with solid leadership traits using the most current leadership principles and practices.
I possess extensive UX/Web/UI design and front-end development experience in agile and waterfall processes. With a Masters in Professional and Technical Communication focused on User-Centered Design from the New Jersey Institute of Technology and a Masters in Human-Computer Interaction from DePaul University, I fully understand the whole life cycle of a desktop application and web-based software/site development project.
As an experienced Certified SAFe Agilist, Certified ScrumMaster, and Certified Scrum Product Owner, I can efficiently work well in an Agile/Scrum-oriented environment.
Cornell University 02/2024 to Current: eCornell Online UI/UX Course Facilitator
- Take the role of an in-course expert to support and guide learners as they work through their courses.
- Interact with learners through asynchronous online discussions and through scheduled live virtual Q&A sessions by providing experience-informed feedback on graded projects.
- Engage daily in the course with the students to demonstrate meaningful presence.
- Provide individualized feedback on projects/assignments.
2U edX 01/2024 to Current: Instructional Specialist
- Lead online lectures following a detailed lesson plan that includes an active discussion environment and project-based learning.
- Bring the learning experience to life by building community and enhancing relevance by drawing on my industry experience.
- Translate complex subject matter clearly and concisely for a diverse range of learners or skill levels.
- Create an engaging, positive, and inclusive learning environment for our students Increase participant engagement using diﬀerent facilitation tactics.
Cognizant 10/2011 to Current: Product (UX/UI) Designer Manager
- Directs and mentors junior UX designers to create a successful product, enabling them to be successful designers.
- Sets the tone for how the team will carry out UX processes. Provides direction on iterations of mock-ups/wireframes/prototypes.
- Collaborates with product owners and other design team members to define research goals and prioritize requirements.
- Develops strategic research program and directs user experience validation and testing.
- Take an active role in defining methodologies and reporting requirements. Acts as the conscience and voice of the user to help us create products that meet our user's needs.
Samples of my works:
Doctoral Papers and Presentation
- PDF: Dissertations: Exploring Adaptive Leadership Principles to Assist Corporate Leaders in Times of Crisis (A Qualitative Case Study)
- PDF: Building Organizational Capacity.pdf
- PDF: Business Integration and Strategy.pdf
- PPT: Change Initiative Program.pptx
- PDF: Conflict Resolution and Mediation.pdf
Inquiry Methods and User Analysis
PDF: Building a Local Community.pdf
Interaction Design and Information Architecture
PDF: Nutri Coach.pdf
Usability Evaluation Methods
PDF: My Med Schedule Comparison.pdf
Information Visualization and Infographics
InfoGraphics: Top Two Leading Causes of Death by County of Residence NJ 2012 – Tableau
InfoViz: 10-Year Arrest Trends.pdf
Here are my UX skills:
1. UX Research. I can identify target users, create user personas, and gather data to make informed design decisions. The latter requires user testing and involves:
- Creating wireframes and prototypes
- Creating user personas
- Carrying out user interviews
- Conducting card sorting sessions
- Creating user evaluation scripts
- Conducting user experience testings
2. Collaboration. I realize that collaborating with subject matter experts, product managers, and product owners is an opportunity to work in other areas and apply what I’ve learned with different people leads to ensure the resulting product meets both business goals and user expectations.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership, Business Administration and Management,
National University, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (2017-2023)
GPA 3.92 | Activities and societies: Omega Nu Lambda Psi Chi National Society of Leadership and Success
- Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience/Usability,
DePaul University, Chicago, IL 60614 (2013-2017)
GPA 3.96 | Activities and societies: Member, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Master of Science Professional & Technical Communication, User-Centered Design,
New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ 07102 (2004-2008)
GPA 4.00 | Activities and societies: Member, Alpha Epsilon Lambda Honor Society