I'M A UX/UI Design Manager.
I lead the Product UX team to do research, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, UX and UI design, and more. I am a detail-oriented team player with strong organizational skills, can handle multiple projects simultaneously with high accuracy, and have a positive attitude and willingness to take on added responsibilities to meet corporate goals.
I have a Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, Business Administration, and Management from the National University, cementing my leadership and managerial capabilities, affording teams I manage with solid leadership traits using the most current leadership principles and practices.
I possess extensive UX/Web/UI design and front-end development experience in agile and waterfall processes. With an MSci. in Professional and Technical Communication focused on User-Centered Design from the New Jersey Institute of Technology and an MSci. in Human-Computer Interaction from DePaul University, I have a full understanding of the whole life cycle of a desktop application and web-based software/site development project.
As an experienced Certified SAFe Agilist, Certified ScrumMaster, and Certified Scrum Product Owner, I can efficiently work well in an Agile/Scrum-oriented environment.
Cognizant 10/2011 to Current: Product (UX/UI) Designer Manager
- Directs and mentors junior UX designers to create a successful product, enabling them to be successful designers.
- Sets the tone for how the team will carry out UX processes. Provides direction on iterations of mock-ups/wireframes/prototypes.
- Collaborates with product owners and other design team members to define research goals and prioritize requirements.
- Develops strategic research program and directs user experience validation and testing.
- Take an active role in defining methodologies and reporting requirements. Acts as the conscience and voice of the user to help us create products that meet our user's needs.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts usability tests, including defining the recruiting criteria. Write post-study reports and present findings to respective stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Conducts usability testing and post-deployment evaluations to measure user experience success. Integrates findings into meaningful recommendations.
- Utilizes usability studies data to identify opportunities to improve user experience described in actionable results. Uses site analytics and metrics to define and monitor success.
- Promotes 508 accessibility by incorporating WCAG guidelines into designs.
Samples of my works:
Doctoral Papers and Presentation
- PDF: Dissertations: Exploring Adaptive Leadership Principles to Assist Corporate Leaders in Times of Crisis (A Qualitative Case Study)
- PDF: Building Organizational Capacity.pdf
- PDF: Business Integration and Strategy.pdf
- PPT: Change Initiative Program.pptx
- PDF: Conflict Resolution and Mediation.pdf
Inquiry Methods and User Analysis
PDF: Building a Local Community.pdf
Interaction Design and Information Architecture
PDF: Nutri Coach.pdf
Usability Evaluation Methods
PDF: My Med Schedule Comparison.pdf
Information Visualization and Infographics
InfoGraphics: Top Two Leading Causes of Death by County of Residence NJ 2012 – Tableau
InfoViz: 10-Year Arrest Trends.pdf
Here are my UX skills:
1. UX Research. I can identify target users, create user personas, and gather data to make informed design decisions. The latter requires user testing and involves:
- Creating wireframes and prototypes
- Creating user personas
- Carrying out user interviews
- Conducting card sorting sessions
- Creating user evaluation scripts
- Conducting user experience testings
2. Collaboration. I realize that collaborating with subject matter experts, product managers, and product owners is an opportunity to work in other areas and apply what I’ve learned with different people leads to ensure the resulting product meets both business goals and user expectations.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership, Business Administration and Management,
National University, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (2017-2023)
GPA 3.92 | Activities and societies: Omega Nu Lambda Psi Chi National Society of Leadership and Success
- Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience/Usability,
DePaul University, Chicago, IL 60614 (2013-2017)
GPA 3.96 | Activities and societies: Member, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Master of Science Professional & Technical Communication, User-Centered Design,
New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ 07102 (2004-2008)
GPA 4.00 | Activities and societies: Member, Alpha Epsilon Lambda Honor Society